bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

You can only reply if your accountant knows about tax of

You can only reply if your accountant knows about tax of foreign share sales
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, I thought you were the professionals
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I had shares in a Dutch company which was sold. I had 25%. It is currently in a holding. There are 2 shareholders each holding the shares privately. I have own them for 25 years.
JA: When was the property or asset sold?
Customer: A fe weeks ago

What is your question, there is a possible liability to UK Capital Gains Tax (CGT) here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My question is: I need to know if and where I have to pay tax on my sales on my shares. I live in the UK, am have a UK tax liability. The company is in The Netherlands The holding company has sold the working company. In the holding are 2 shareholders. I and my brother. My brother wants to keep the honding and buy me out. He wants to pay me 25% from his private means. So my brother pays me for the 25% in private. Where do I pay tax if any.

You declare the gain to HMRC in your Annual Self Assessment Tax Return. You have a non cumulative Annual Exempt Amount (AEA), currently 12.3K, to offset gains.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the private sale is not taxed in the Netherlands. I declare it in UK?

On the contrary it may be subject to Holland's CGT regime. In that event any tax paid there is allowable as a tax credit against your UK liability.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do I know where to pay it then? Why do I pay it in NL as I pay UK tax.

Then it would normally be an UK taxation liability.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have always paid UK tax and I assumed that the amount should be paid out for 100% and I submitted it on my Self Assesment form. Thank you so far. If you can let me know where I can contact you for further advice I would be grateful.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can not continue exchange as I need to contact the offices in the Netherlands and they are closed. Hence how do I contact you again.

I do not think you need concern yourself with Netherland's tax. You can continue to contact me on this thread if needed.