Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
109074415

I was given shares in a compony 19 years ago, in lieu of

Customer Question

I was given shares in a compony 19 years ago, in lieu of being paid a bonus. Do I have to pay capital gains if i sell these shares
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: sale of Shares
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just need to know if I am liable for capital gains?
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 12 days ago.

I am an expert with Just Answer and I am happy to assist you with your question , I am currently  reviewing  your question and I will get back to you

.Thank you in advance

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't know if it makes any difference but I have only been resident in the UK for the past 7 Years. At the time I was given that shares I was not a resident of the UK.
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your patience, after reviewing  your question,  as long as the shares where within the UK even at the time you where non resident  they are subject  to CGT if you dispose of them.

Please kindly feel free to ask of you need me to clarify  my answer.

All the best

Expert Lu