TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I have sent Form 3911 to you in Austin, Texas - 1st time was

Customer Question

I have sent Form 3911 to you in Austin , Texas - 1st time was on May 27 ( received by you from UPS ) , 2nd time by fax to you on May 13 & 3rd time on May 27 ( received by you from FEDEX ) . I have heard nothing from you about my claim . What is happening now & WHEN will you contact me & how ?? by email / phone call , etc.... M J Mason
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: NO - is impossible to phone anyone in the US IRS - from where I live - here in the UK . I am a USA citizen & file tax returns every year - including for 2020 just sent & received by you on May 27
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: As my message says above - I filed my latest tax return for 2020 on May 27 - but my question to you is about FORM 3911 - received by you on April 30 .Is someone actioning that yet ??
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No-PLEASE put me in touch with someone
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 19 days ago.

You can expect a response within 6-8 weeks of filing Form 3911. There may be delays because of limited staffing due to COVID-19.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
SORRY - my mistake - the form was 1st received by you via UPS on APRIL 30 ( NOT May 27 )
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 19 days ago.

We are not the IRS.  Those forms are in back log because of Covid

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is there any way I can get confirmation from the IRS in Austin Texas - that they HAVE received my form 3911 - even though they might not reply with what happens next ( eg a new cheque issued after the old one is cancelled by them ) - in 6 to 8 weeks time from May 27 ( = end of July ) ????
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 17 days ago.

No there is not a number for that. You can try the general number(###) ###-####/p>