How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert Lu Your Own Question
Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 221
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Expert Lu is online now

Haven't known that I have to declare any money gained from

Customer Question

Hi ,haven't known that I have to declare any money gained from selling scrap So this happened a few years ago and was done through one of my colleagues accounts
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Hmrv are asking him.for a declaration and I want to take responsibility too as I have benefit of that money aswell No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just want advice what should I do as none of us has any evidence of that income and also had no idea that had to be declared
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 12 days ago.


I am an expert with Just Answer and I a happy to assist you.  You will need to get in touch with HMRC  and find out from them how much they are requiring  you to pay as you have already mentioned that they were in contact with your colleague.

Please kindly feel free to ask if you need me to clarify  my answer.

All the best