Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Salve potete aiutarmi? Ho un problema con la council tax,

Customer Question

Salve potete aiutarmi ? Ho un problema con la council tax
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Vivo a londra UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Ho cercato di risolvere via email e telefono ma nessun successo poi sono andato negli uffici ma non mi hanno saputo aiutare
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Si il 9 giugno alle 10:00 sono stato chiamato a corteDetail Required: HIGH

Hi can you help me? I have a problem with the council tax JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to? Customer: I live in London UK JA: What steps have been taken so far? Customer: I tried to solve it by email and phone but no success then I went to the offices but they couldn't help me JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: Yes, on June 9th at 10:00 I was called to court Detail Required: HIGH

Expert:  Sam replied 11 days ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 11 days ago.

And what is it about the council tax that you are being summoned to court for ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
then I was living in an apartment with my ex girlfriend then we broke up and she went to live somewhere else and I was back in Italy, and she gave the notice to the council tax while I didn't and the council practically she kept sending me bills to pay but I don't have to pay her because I left that house on October 2, 2020 and I have no arrears, I also have evidence
Expert:  Sam replied 10 days ago.

Then appeal with that evidence - but you will be liable for 50% until the date your girlfriend moved out and then 100% until the day you moved out

But you should have given then notice you had moved

But they will accept this now but you pay the council directly NOT your ex girlfriend