taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Other than allocating more of my income to pension, what

Customer Question

Other than allocating more of my income to pension, what measures can one take to manage tax free allowance, when income is expected to exceed 100k?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: current
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
part of my income will come from stock that will vest in the current year
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Pension contribution will get you tax relief at marginal rate.

You can consider enterprise investment scheme as investment under EIS gives income tax relief at 30%.

More information on EIS and tax reliefs here

https://www.syndicateroom.com/eis

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 19 days ago.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Couple of questions: Are there any other options with lower risk profile? What are the other options like syndicateroom ? Any reason you would recommend EIS vs SEIS?

Thank you for your reply.

Synidicateroom is a platform... I don't know much about it and therefore not in a position to advise.

I have not recommended EIS vs SEIS.. both of these can be considered as they both offer tax relief on investment.

I am not aware of other lower risk options that give tax relief on initial investment.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.