bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I started to give services as Personal Trainer and masseur

Customer Question

Hi, I started to give services as Personal Trainer and masseur this year after 6th of April. I expect to receive an income (before allowable deductions) in the tax year 2021/22 around £24,000. When do I need to register as sole trader, when do I need to do self-assessment and when I will have to make tax payments?
JA: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: The tax year I start trading 2021/22
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I only need to know the timelines of when to register as sole trader, when to do self-assessment and when the tax payments I will have to make
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 19 days ago.

You should register for self employment as soon as possible. The procedure is here:

Register for Self Assessment: Register if you’re self-employed - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

At the end of the tax year [5 Apri] HMRC will send you a self assessment tax form for completion and you must pay any tax and NI due by the following 31 January. .

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the first tax and NI payment will be due on 31 January 2023? and self assessment due on 31.10.2022/ 31.01.2023?

No 05/04/2022