Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
109074415

I work on 10% commission basis (not fixed) with my supplier.

I work on 10% commission basis (not fixed) with my supplier. I am VAT registered.I supply halls / studio on rent to various commercial clients.I charge my client hall hire fees + booking fees both with VAT. Client pay me the fees and then the space owner invoices me (sometimes they invoice me with VAT)How do I invoice my clients and who pays VAT. I currently charge my client,
hall fees + VAT and Booking fees + VAT. E.g £1000+ VAT for hall and £100+ VAT booking.
I collect £1,200 + £120. Space owner invoice me for £900 or sometimes £900+VAT.I have come across TOM margin scheme. Does this apply to me? Where I only pay VAT on my commission.

Hello and welcome

I am an expert with JustAnswer and I am happy to assist you with your question  ,I am currently  reviewing  your question  and I will  get back to you.

Thank you in advance

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Hello , thank you for your patience  , after reviewing  your question TOM margin scheme,  It's a special scheme for businesses that buy in and resell travel, accommodation and certain other services as a principal or undisclosed agents, I hope you can identify your type of business from that guideline.

Please kindly feel free to ask if you need me to clarify  my answer .

Please kindly let me know if you have received my response