How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10268
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Want to see what kind of tax my company will be responsible

This answer was rated:

want to see what kind of tax my company will be responsible to paying for
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We're a peer to peer vehicle renting platform, which allows rental companies and individuals to rent out their vehicles
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
look at Turo or getaround for reference

Corporation Tax (CT) for any trading surplus.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
how about for the hosts who have made money via our platform, do we sort out the sales tax or would be able to leave this with the hosts?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Does your turnover in any 12 month period exceed 85K?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we are not live yet

You need not bother with VAT until turnover reaches the threshold of 85K.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
would I need to handle the sales tax for my hosts for each booking?

Ye, but as I said you need not worry about VAT until sales reach the threshold.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I see, so until I reach the 85k threshold, corporation tax is the only tax I should be concerned about