bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I do have a question about holiday pay. As our holiday year

Customer Question

Hello , I do have a question about holiday pay. As our holiday year starts at April and ends of 31st March am I allowed to take holiday for example already in April or May and have it paid? As my employer is telling me that it is not possible that I need to work for it first. Have been in the company for years
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 19 days ago.

Your employer is peddling balderdash and piffle for their own convenience. On a year on year basis you could take your entire annual entitlement in April were that convenient.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Good to know and one more thing does holiday payment counts from average weekly hours worked or from what is stated in the contract? Contract says less then I do work actually

It would be based on the contract of employment.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Delighted to have been of assistance.