bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Ebay tax UK

Ebay tax UK
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have a question regarding taxation/business advice and ebay.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If an Ebay account is held in one persons name, with all proceeds from sales being paid into their bank account via ebay managed payments. Can this then be transferred to another person who is the actual owner of the business for tax and other purposes
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Without effecting the earning levels etc of the individual whos bank is paid into by Ebay managed payments.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I ask as the ebay account may be owed by one person who are required to attach their own bank account now due to managed payments.However the actual business owner is another person.Hope somebody can help advise

You are merely acting as a banker so no tax liability attaches to you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks a bunch for your help sir
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
even id the business was turning over 250k GBP this person could forward the proceeds to Another person and bank account who then pays the tax etc?Without effecting their own earnings and tax amounts?

Correct, but be sure to keep complete records.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so much. I see you were able to answer both of my queries. If i were to call do you think you would be able to provide further details and advice for best resolution in both instances?Let me know the price and time allocation please

Sorry, I do not do telephone calls any more, they are no longer cost effective.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am saddened to hear this, but completely understand.If there is another way i can get in touch or compensate you fairly for your services do let me know
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for answering both of my queries it has given me options to research

I have been credited with your payment, don't worry.