bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Can I talk to someone to understand what tax I should be

Can I talk to someone to understand what tax I should be paying and why there have been some changes to my tax code in the last 2 years? I think I’m not paying the correct tax

What is your tax code? Do you owe outstanding tax from prior periods?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
HiMy tax code from Feb 2019 until Aug 2020 was C1237LIt then changed to C120L from Sep 2020 to Dec 2020.Then it changed to C167 M1 from Jan 2021 to March 2021Then changed to C519L for Apr 2021Then C425K M1 from May 2021
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
happy to have a call

From longexperience I think you will find it easier to ring me, I am on 01750 725420.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That’s great, thank you for helping me online

Pleased to be able to assist.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My monthly pay was £6333.33 until last month when it increased to £7500. I called HMRC and was told a company had submitted my tax submission as a self employed person, I’m not self employed so I told them that. Nothing happened so I called them again and they asked me to send my P60 for 2019/20 which I did. They then said I owe £288 and I need to pay that over the year. Which I don’t understand because if I’ve been paying more tax each month since Sept 20, why do I owe them anything, shouldn’t they owe me? And my tax this month feels too high as my take home salary of £4295 is roughly the same as Aug 2020 which was £4205 even though I’ve had a £14k pay rise...
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, are you still there?

There is a danger here that someone in your tax office has got hold of the wrong end of the stick if they can even find the stick at all. You must take up the position in writing. Asking for your P60, which cannot be replaced, is most improper.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That’s what I thought so I posted a photocopy.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can you explain the tax codes for me?

Good, keep chasing them up until you receive an adequate reply.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can you give me some advice on the tax codes? If not, could I speak to someone who can?

The standard tax code for 20/21 was 1250L. Your codes indicate either that you owe lots of back tax or that someone in HMRC has not the slightest idea what they are doing.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, the expert didn’t take the call. Please can you refund this for me, thank you

This charge does not crystalise until I advise Just Answer that the call has been successfully completed which I shall not be doing.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please can I have a refund now as I am no longer willing to take the call.

As I told you the charge willnotbe made.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** was confusing because it stated that you were calling me in a few minutes. Thank you for your help resolving this

Pleased to have been able to help.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, I’ve checked my bank account and I’ve been charged £44 for the call we didn’t have. Can I ask you to refund it for me please?

Not, by me; sorry you will have to take this up with Just Answer Administration.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ah, I took the comment “This charge does not crystalise until I advise Just Answer that the call has been successfully completed which I shall not be doing.” at face value so I mentioned that when I reported it. Is that not correct?

No, I will advise that nothing happened. In fact no telephone call has been formally offered.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Pleased to have been able to help.