bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

My British partner was intending on moving to the Republic

Hi. My British partner was intending on moving to the Republic of Ireland and registered his vehicle over there and now has Irish plates. Plans have changed and he wants to re-register it here in the UK. It is the same vehicle that was registered here before, not a new vehicle, and not exactly imported. We are muddled as to the process, and see that he will possibly have to pay VAT and customs duty.
I couldn't find the right category for this question, I hope it finds its way.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Happy to wait, thanks

Just take it up with the DVLA, the matter is easily resolved particularly as the vehicle was never exported. In any event there would be no taxation problems.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS