taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

If someone is employed for a job but works separately as

If someone is employed for a job but works separately as self employed, if you leave the employment, does the employer need your UTR to issue your P45 and P60?
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: I worked as a personal PA and I was paid for that role. I also did a small amount of self employment in a different field. The employer whose job I have resigned from says she needs my UTR number from self employment to issue me my P45 but I don't want to share this information. Am I obliged to give it to them?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

The employer does not need your UTR number to issue you a P45. The employer has all your details e.g. your BI number, Tax code aand residential address to issue a P45 when you leave your employment. As the employer issues P60 at the end of tax year showing your total earnings in employment and tax paid, they have the relevant information.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the employer only supplies the information for their job, not for all my employment in different places?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please just answer this question and then ill be happy...I don't need to speak

Thank you for your reply.

If you have two jobs and decide to leave one then the employer will only supply information relating to employment being left.

Each employer issues P45 relating to earnings from their employment.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

If there are no other issues I will appreciate if we could regard my responses/answer to this question as accepted.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

I'm glad I could help you resolve this today. Please follow up here if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.