TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Sorry, what happens if one or more of the people working for

Customer Question

Sorry, what happens if one or more of the people working for me have another job?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 14 days ago.

If your employee has more than 1 job with you - or with another employer you ‘carry out business in association’ with - you may have to calculate National Insurance contributions (NICs) based on the earnings of both of their jobs.

You may not need to ‘aggregate earnings’ in this way if you can show HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that it’s not ‘reasonably practicable’ for you to do so.

The way you work out their PAYE tax won’t change.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don't work in association with their other employer.
I have read some of the guidance, but I'm still unsure of what the impact will be, if any, on their wages from me. Do I need to take into account their other salary?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 14 days ago.

You are not to do anything special unless the other is associated

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Perfect. Thank you
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 14 days ago.

You are welcome