Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
109074415

But live in France and work for a UK institute from home.

I am English, but live in France and work for a UK institute from home. I've had mixed advice from the UK tax office about whether or not I must pay tax for these uk earnings in the UK or France. The last conversation I had the guy said to close my UK tax account and pay only tax in France. But the tax website suggests otherwise! Any advice much appreciated!
JA: For which tax year do you need advice?
Customer: UK 2020-21
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I also earn money in France, and I pay tax in France for that. I'm a freelancer, in the UK and France

I cannot assist, sorry. French taxation is so complex and so constantly changing that the retention of a local practitioner is essential. I willnow opt out.

I am an expert with Just Answer and I am happy to assist you with your question.

I am currently  reviewing your question and I will get back to you.

Thank you for your patience  after reviewing  your question, since you are a self employed person then you should just pay  taxes in France but would advise you to still pay NI if you hope to return and to get any earnings based benefits in future.

Please kindly feel free to ask if you need me to clarify my answer.

All the best

Expert Lu

Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Experience: ACCA Diploma