How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert Lu Your Own Question
Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 237
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Expert Lu is online now

I am located and employed by a Dubai entity (DIFC based),

This answer was rated:

I am located and employed by a Dubai entity (DIFC based), with revised working arrangements I am trying to understand the tax consequences should I wish to spend a proportion of my time working (for the Dubai entity) in the UK. I would estimate this at being between 120 - 150 days at most days spread across the year. I have no dependents under 18, but do have a uk home and mortgage that is in joint names with my eldest adult child.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't believe so


I am an expert with Just Answer  and I am happy to assist you with your question.

I am currently reviewing  your question  and I will get back to you .

Thank you in advance


Thank you for your patience,  as long as you do not remain in the UK for the 183 days for you to be considered  tax resident here in the UK,  you will not be liable for any tax on your income .

Please kindly feel free to ask if you need me to clarify  my answer.

All the best

Expert Lu and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you - this is what I believed to be the case so glad to have tge confirmation.

You are most welcome , I am glad I managed to answer your question.

All the best