taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have investments handled by a firm of financial advisers.

I have investments handled by a firm of financial advisers. This year I have capital gians on investments of over £12300. I have the details - sale price, book cost and the gains. The HMRC section on line seems very complicated. Can I fill in the section giving the totals, or does every individual transaction need to be itemised? Thank you.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, we have always been able to complete the ordinary tax return without CGT without a problem and hoped to do that this time.
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2020 -2021
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m taxadvisor.uk, a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

You don't have to itemise gain by transaction but just report totals.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It seems so complicated with all the different sections. Is there a simple answer?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No. Is there anything else you can say to help. If not I think I will have to go to a local tax advisor.

Thank you for your reply.
Please say where you are stuck.. are all gains from sale of investments in stocks and shares. I have a copy of SA108 to help you. I am a qualified accountant and file tax returns for my clients.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I think I can understand now. You have been helpful. I have paid the £%. How do I cancel future payments?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sorry £5

Thank you for your kind words.

If there are no other issues I will appreciate if we could regard my responses/answer to this question as accepted.

You should contact Customer Support team if you wish to cancel future payments.