bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I need some advice on CIS and subcontractor deductions from

I need some advice on CIS and subcontractor deductions from pay
JA: Which tax year is the deduction for?
Customer: it is for any year it is to find out about the deductions being made
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Firstly the client is an electrician, 20% is being deducted from invoked amount by the company. The company have also made further deductions without providing full evidence for the deductions and we want to find the legal position

Then the further deductions must be challenged. In the long term it will all come out in the wash when you client self assesses.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Are you able to give advice on the whole situation from a legal perspective?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi the money has been deducted from my account so how can he not be available for the call yet still available online?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I would like my money back if the the Tax professional is unable to call.

Unless authorised by HMRC deductions over the usual 20% appear suspect.

Sorry, I do not do telephone calls any more, they are no longer cost effective. The charge on your account will not crystalise until I tell Just Answer that it has been successfully completed which I shall not be doing.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Thank you but the amount has been deducted from my bank.

Well, I have advised Just Answer that the telephone contact was not made. You will have to take the problem up with Just Answer Administration.