RodneyA814
RodneyA814,
Experience:  Expert
109850674

My brother had covid and has been very ill with it for

Hi. My brother had covid and has been very ill with it for around a year. He's been working on and off with it but can't seen to get back on track and again he's back in hospital. So I'm trying to sort out his self assessment. The guy who used to handle his self assessment has sadly died and had all his details. I can't seem to get in touch with anybody at hmrc for advise of what I need to do. He's already had a fine of 100 pounds for his tax return been late. Which has been paid.. Thanks
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2019 I believe.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This is all I know, like I say his lad who used to do it for him has sadly passed away.

Hello there,

Have you got the income and expenses records of your brother to be used to prepare the tax return?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Well I have access to his bank account details, so I can see what been paid it and when. But I'm not sure what months to do it from in 2019.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry the phone call a touch pricey

Don't worry about the call. It's the JA system that asks automatically.

The letter from the HMRC fining your brother will state what tax year it is for. I would be happy to prepare and file the self-assessment return for your brother but it's a service I provide privately so you can contact me on***@******.***.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi there the 44 pound was taken out for that phone call. You said I t wouldn't be taken out.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I said I couldn't afford the 44 pounds
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was told it was j a systems that ask automatically and I wouldn't be charged. As I declined the phone call at first.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
excepted because Rodney told be I wouldn't be charged.

I left a feedback that you answered the call thinking you wouldn't be charged so I expected you not to be charged. Please take it up with Just Answer and explain to them.