How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10587
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Quick question on a the UK tax return I will declare income

Customer Question

Quick question on a the UK tax return
I will declare income from a house that is furnished, and I understand I can claim allowances of electric, council tax. The house does not meet the number of days let in a tax year to become a holiday let. which box should I declare that income, under furnished holiday lets, or just in the total rents and other income from property box, and which box do I declare these allowances under
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 16 days ago.

Have a look here for chapter and verse on the subject:

Claiming rental income deductions – Which? News

Use the property box.