taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Second opinion] Foreign Tax Relief! I temporarily worked

Customer Question

second opinion] Foreign Tax Relief!
I temporarily worked abroad in Europe and paid both Income tax and Social deductions. I am now completing my self-Assessment and wondering if can claim FTR for both?I earned £15,000 and paid £2,000 income tax and £1,500 social deductions. Total i paid £3,500 deductions. Is my FTR £3,500?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 12 days ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

You can claim foreign tax credit relief for tax paid on these earnings abroad. There is no relief available for social deductions, I'm afraid.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!