Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My numbers for my UTR & password are not accepted MR&C

Customer Question

My numbers for my UTR & password ***** not accepted MR&C (although that used them for 15 years). Last year I had help from an accountant tfollowing of my wif
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I needed to have an accountant following my wife's death. I have not spoken to my accountant, as I do not need one this year. I can manage my return as it is easy for me.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not need or asked my (one) accountant. I have everything I need except the USR and password ***** proceed. My typing is perfect!
Expert:  Sam replied 18 days ago.

Normally you would need to apply for a new UTR and set up  a new online record for your wife but as she has passed away this will not be possible so you need to let HMRC know she has passed away and they will set up the record if needed and also send you a paper version of the self assessment to fill in

May I ask why you think you need to fill one in for your wife passing away ?
Here are the instructions what to do when you have lost a loved one for tax purposes

https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/tax-benefits-vehicles

Let me know if I can assist further