How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16422
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

My numbers for my UTR & password are not accepted MR&C

Customer Question

My numbers for my UTR & password ***** not accepted MR&C (although that used them for 15 years). Last year I had help from an accountant tfollowing of my wif
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I needed to have an accountant following my wife's death. I have not spoken to my accountant, as I do not need one this year. I can manage my return as it is easy for me.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not need or asked my (one) accountant. I have everything I need except the USR and password ***** proceed. My typing is perfect!
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 18 days ago.


Normally you would need to apply for a new UTR and set up  a new online record for your wife but as she has passed away this will not be possible so you need to let HMRC know she has passed away and they will set up the record if needed and also send you a paper version of the self assessment to fill in

May I ask why you think you need to fill one in for your wife passing away ?
Here are the instructions what to do when you have lost a loved one for tax purposes

Let me know if I can assist further