bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have done ,in theory some investments ,cryptocurrency usdt

Customer Question

Hello, I have done ,in theory some investments ,cryptocurrency usdt ,bought through coinbase and transferred through another wallet in a platform called up,given by someone through link.
I doubt about this being real at the moment and I have tried to withdraw some of the profit. In this platform,called up through their customer service,I have received this msg:Hello, according to the provisions of the International Tax Collection Law: personal income and accidental income need to pay personal income tax. According to the provisions of the tax law, personal income tax is levied on 5% of the amount of personal income. Through system query, your profit amount is 43178.75 US dollars, and you need to pay 2158.93 US dollars, which is collected by the platform designated by the relevant tax department, After the platform receives your tax payment, the full amount can be paid after the system review!I was wondering if you have any knowledge about this.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 17 days ago.

In which country are these investments being held.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’m in uk
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But that platform has some Chinese aspects
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That platform looks like this, and after each transaction I have colossal earnings,apparently because he knows when is the right time to invest
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This are the earnings in theory
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is there any way to get my money back?

The net cryptocurrency transactions gain may be subject to UK Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and any tax deducted by the Chinese authorities available as a tax credit against your UK liability. Cryptocurrency dealings are normally treated as gambling and outside the scope of UK taxation.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How can I get my money back?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 16 days ago.

When you make your UK CGT return.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
But are those transactions real?

if you are trading in cryptocurrencies, yes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How can I check if that up platform is real,because it’s not working all the time and I have to re install it.I’m getting this platform through a link ,and I don’t know if the person is reliable

Always a problem in this area.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How can I know if it's real, because I can't pay tax for some money that I don't know if it really exists.
If it's just a scam ,and this application is just a demo,like a game made to give only earnings

You would receive a bill in writing from HMRC. Nothing in writing is indicative of a fiddle.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
But this money are theoretical cryptocurrency usdt in this up platform,which I cannot withdraw to exchange before paying my tax

Exactly, it is a racket.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don’t know what this means
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
they do not exist, they are not real?

They are trying to con you out of money.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
what can I do? Can I report this somewhere?

Yes, to the police, not that they will be much interested.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will never get back the money i've invested?

Sorry, most unlikely.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should I be worried about this person as knowing my name,email,home address? or possibly being able to access my bank account ?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 14 days ago.

Thatis always a danger. You could ask your bank to alter your details if you have been compromised.