How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10612
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

UK Tax Question: How can I prove that I am a UK Tax

Customer Question

UK Tax Question: How can I prove that I am a UK Tax Resident? I am not even sure that I have a UK Tax Number because I last paid tax (PAYE) in 2003 when I stopped working. Would it be possible to obtain a UK Tax Resident Certificate from the HMRC?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 20 days ago.

Have a look here for the process:

HMRC: Structured Email (