How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10608
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

How much does this cost please? I have 2 questions, no, not

Customer Question

How much does this cost please?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I have 2 questions
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I know of. It is to do with a. Inherited property value £120k
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 18 days ago.

What is your problem, please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My mum left my sister and I her property value £120k
If we sell do we have any tax to pay. We both have our own houses?
If I buy her out. So I pay stamp duty ans will she have to pay capital gains in her £60k
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi a pop up flashed on my screen but the. Disappeared
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 18 days ago.

You would only have to pay Capital Gains Tax (CGT) were the gain over 12.3K.