How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 31078
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

My family would like to transfer a gift into my UK bank

This answer was rated:

My family would like to transfer a gift into my UK bank account from overseas. Do I need to pay tax on this?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just need to know if Tax is applicable on gifts and what are the limits for any tax brackets

No unless your family is UK tax resident and passes away in less than 7 years.

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Are you saying that no tax is applicable for a gift transferred into my account - e.g £5000?