How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16415
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Where can I seek help to pay for Capital Gain Tax on the

This answer was rated:

Where can I seek help to pay for Capital Gain Tax on the foreclosure of my resort? I need to pay 15% which comes to abt 15500GBP
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: short sale payoff for your timeshare resort
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am checking on the validity of the email I receive and the tax I am suppose to pay....if the email is legitimate and returns are genuine then I would need help to raise the money to pay the tax quoted me.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Pse give me yr frank and honest reply....I have attached email for yr reference as well. I would need help to pay tax if the contract is genuine and enforceable in a court of law. Appealing for assistance.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly


Capital gains in the UK is not 15% is either 18% or 28% on property furthermore only HMRC charge you the capital gains tax for collection - a third party (and only an accountant) could or would advise you of whats due but not expect you to pay them

This seems like a scam to get you pay to pay money up front in order to release a larger balance

May I ask have you property in the UK that you have decided to sell and have instructed a sale to take place ? Please advise more as to how this scenario came about



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you