How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 31047
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I've invested in crypto and they are saying I should pay

This answer was rated:

I've invested in crypto and they are saying I should pay them capital gains tax and not hmrc before they will close my account
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: Im not following you sorry
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just that thankyou

They can withhold tax from the payment when you close.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They say they can't do that because they trade in Switzerland Bulgaria and Cyprus is this still the case ?

You would not pay them any tax then.

You report and pay to UK by self assessment

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you