bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I was hoping you could help me with a stamp duty question?

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I was hoping you could help me with a stamp duty question?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I'm looking for a Tax Professional to speak to about this.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 16 days ago.

What is your problem, please. In what part of the UK is the property?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Good afternoon, I am trying to find a way to minimize our stamp duty implication for the purchase of our new home. A few years ago my husband's father gifted my husband and his brother a house to share. Will this cause us to pay the 3% surcharge on our stamp duty the the new home we are completing on this month?The gifted property is in Lytham and the one we are purchasing is in Nantwich (North West England).

The 3% surcharge will apply. If a duplicate dwelling is disposed of within three years you can ask the Stamp Office for a refund of the surcharge.