How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 31026
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I am a UK citizen and resident. Working for 18 years in

This answer was rated:

I am a UK citizen and resident. Working for 18 years in Europe for a US-based company, I have accumulated a pension pot in the US.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: NO. My question is: what are the tax implications of bringing part or the whole over here?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don't know, it's up to them.

You will not be taxed in the UK should you take the pension as a lump sum. the US will withhold tax and then you send you the remaining amount. 30% tax will be the rate for US.

TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you