How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10612
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Im putting on a corporate event in the Uk but for a company

This answer was rated:

Im putting on a corporate event in the Uk but for a company based in the USA - should I charge VAT?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: O
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Are you invoicing or is the US company?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’m invoicing the us company
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I don’t want to call
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello ?

Are you registered for VAT?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

If you’re in the UK and the place of supply of your service is in the UK, you charge and account for VAT according to UK VAT rules.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you