How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10610
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I'm wondering about foreign income and to what % it is

Customer Question

Hello, I'm wondering about foreign income and to what % it is taxable in the UK?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are planning to start a private company in the next two years so need to understand how foreign income will impact business startup
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 15 days ago.

An UK company?

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 14 days ago.

Is this an Income Tax (IT) or a Corporation Tax (CT) inquiry?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi, my partner is a director of a Chilean company and he is resident here in the UK. Does he have to declare that income here and pay tax on it personally? If so, what % tax is he likely to face?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 14 days ago.

No, the liability rests with the company, not him personally.

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 13 days ago.

He will have to declare the income and any tax deducted when he does his self assessment.