How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert Lu Your Own Question
Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 306
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Expert Lu is online now

I'm non UK resident living and working in Serbia, haven't

This answer was rated:

Hi there! I'm non UK resident living and working in Serbia, haven't visited UK so far. I opened an LTD company on 31st July 2020. My income in the 1st Financial year was around 4000 GBP. As far as I know, I have to pay 19% corporation tax. I don't want to pay anything and if I receive any emails from HMRC, I want to ignore them. I'd like to understand what would be the concenquences of not paying taxes. What would happen if I decide to come to the UK sometime in the future? Also, can I have any problems with Government authorities in my country? Can HMRC somehow inform my country and proceed with legal actions?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thanks

Hello and welcome !

I am an expert with JustAnswer and I am happy to assist you with your question.

I am currently reviewing your question and I will get back to you.

Thank you in advance.

Expert Lu.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Many thanks, Lu! Look forward to hearing from you shortly

Hello and thank you for your patience. After reviewing your question there will be penalties  to added to your corporation tax that is due and it will keep accumulating.The figure is very insignificant for you to avoid I would strongly  recommend  that you pay and end on a good note.

If you do not pay as director you will be responsible  and this might affect your Visa application when you want to visit or do business with the UK again.

Please kindly feel free to ask if you need me to clarify my answer.

All the best .

Expert  Lu.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks, Lu! I don't have any plans to come or do business in the UK anymore. You just haven't answered this part: Can I have any problems with authorities in my country?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don't care if I can't get UK visa

Hello and thank you for your response  as you mentioned  that it is a LTD it is a separate legal entity .You will not be personally held responsible.

Thank you in advance.

Expert Lu and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you