How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10595
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Currently living overseas but I return a tax from as I have

This answer was rated:

currently living overseas but I return a tax from as I have rent on some UK property. When I apply to HMRC to receive rent gross for the rental property it asks for the tenant details or agent details. If you own more than one rental property do you have to list all tenants by completing another form or is one form and one set of details enough for HMRC to recognise your an overseas landlord

Probably one, but HMRC can ask for multiple returns of information.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok thanks so you would go to one to start with?

I would, HMRC can be very petty these days. I have, in the past, been asked to prove the 13p, yes thirteen pence, of input tax reclaimed.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
many thanks,

Delighted to have been of assistance.