How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10584
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I was a share holder in a company in Thailand, the purpose

This answer was rated:

I was a share holder in a company in Thailand, the purpose being, a company could own a property and a foreigner could not, the majority share holders were Thai, ( its quite a common route to own a property ) I had owned the company, (property) for 10 years and it was filed with the Thai authorities. The original purchase by myself was made by transferring sterling over to Thailand. I decided to sell last year so the company was sold in Thailand but the money transferred to an sterling account I hold in Jersey. Is this liable for any tax in the UK

I have a Thai wife so understand the situation. Am I correct in my assumption that you are resident in Brazil?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

This transaction in outside the scope of UK taxation.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
resident in Brazil, UK national, the money was paid into this sterling account but the account has the address of Brazil
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have seen your answer, thank you very much for clarification

Delighted to have been of assistance. Jersey is not, of course, part of the UK.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you