bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I was a share holder in a company in Thailand, the purpose

I was a share holder in a company in Thailand, the purpose being, a company could own a property and a foreigner could not, the majority share holders were Thai, ( its quite a common route to own a property ) I had owned the company, (property) for 10 years and it was filed with the Thai authorities. The original purchase by myself was made by transferring sterling over to Thailand. I decided to sell last year so the company was sold in Thailand but the money transferred to an sterling account I hold in Jersey. Is this liable for any tax in the UK

I have a Thai wife so understand the situation. Am I correct in my assumption that you are resident in Brazil?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

This transaction in outside the scope of UK taxation.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
resident in Brazil, UK national, the money was paid into this sterling account but the account has the address of Brazil
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have seen your answer, thank you very much for clarification

Delighted to have been of assistance. Jersey is not, of course, part of the UK.