How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert Lu Your Own Question
Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 311
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Expert Lu is online now

I need to raise a sales invoice from my UK company to a

This answer was rated:

Hi, I need to raise a sales invoice from my UK company to a company based in Luxembourg for software setup services. Does my UK company need to charge VAT or this an exempt supply?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello and welcome!

I am an expert with JustAnswer and I am happy to assist you with your question  .

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Lu

I am currently reviewing your question and I will get back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK, thanks. I'll wait for your written response

It's ok .Thank you for understanding.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
can you advise a likely response time please as I need to get the billing done today? Thanks in advance

Hello Thank you very much for your patience, you do not need to include Vat for sales to Luxembourg. However  your customer may be liable to Vat in their own country .

Please kindly  feel free to ask if you need me to clarify my answer.

All the best


Customer: replied 14 days ago.
our UK sales invoice do we show this as No VAT, Zero Rated or Exempt please?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Our business is VAT registered so I would think this is Exempt but need clarification please

Hello you would need to show as no Vat .

Expert Lu and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you