bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am 65 and not working I have a small private pension, my

Hi I am 65 and not working I have a small private pension , my husband is 66 has his state pension and a larger private pension . How can we transfer some of my tax allowance to my husband so he doesn’t pay income tax ? We have looked online but can’t seem to find an answer.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wimborne Dorset
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: been online but came to a stop when they asked if we have ever transferred the tax allowance before, which we did when I was working . I finished work 2019 to help my husband after a bad motorcycle accident
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t know what sort of information they need to know sorry
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

You can transfer 10% of your Personal Allowance (PA) to your husband. The procedure is here:

Just use the application at HMRC. To do it, you'll need both your national insurance numbers and one of a range of different acceptable forms of ID for the non-taxpayer. If there's a problem doing it via the web, just call 0300(###) ###-####and do it by phone. It is supposed to renew automatically, but watch it like a hawk because HMRC have a habit of conveniently forgetting about renewals.