bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Living and working overseas. Non-tax resident in UK. I am in

I am British. Living and working overseas. Non-tax resident in UK. I am in UK for an eye operation. Saw and bought a second hand watch online from NL. At this moment on way to me. Guess with customs for clearance. I will have to pay 20% duty/vat to receive it. My q. I am leaving in a couple of weeks back to Philippines, can I reclaim the import tax? Clearly anything purchased in uk I would have reclaimed my vat.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: don’t think so.

Yes, you should be able to reclaim the VAT at the kiosk at the airport, but these days must of these are closed and at those which are open the queue is a mile long!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I agree with the theory. Is there a form that must be completed to effect this? I’ve never had problems with queues. We fly at weird times and get there before it closes.

If there is it is available at the kiosk, make sure you have your VAT receipt though. I havn't had to do this for many a long year, but my wife has. These days I'm told airports are a nightmare. Fortunately I have to be wheel chaired these days so go through the diplomatic and aircrew channels.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Quite right. When I purchase apple products they use Global Blue and charge 25% or more of the vat. Wonder if next time I just reclaim 100% vat directly using the form from the kiosk. I will give it a go anyway. Thank you.

Pleased to have been able to point you in the right direction.