taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Does one pay tax on Dividends if you are not resident in UK,

Does one pay tax on Dividends if you are not resident in UK
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: My accountant
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: At moment I reside in UK, the reason for me asking is that in 2023 I hopefully be receiving a very substantial Dividend, I want to prepare now for my future. Over the last few years I have paid over 500,000 in tax and now I think I have paid enough so if it means leaving this country then so be it, but I have to decide which is the best tax efficient country to go if any.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant. Reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are you still reviewing my question

The basic tax rule is that non-residents are only chargeable to tax on income arising from a source in the UK. ... Dividend income, interest, and other savings income is taxable if the source of that income is in the UK. HMRC helpsheet HS300 explains how dividend income from UK companies is taxed if you are non resident in the UK for tax purposes. Look at section dealing with Disregarded income here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-residents-and-investment-income-hs300-self-assessment-helpsheet/hs300-non-residents-and-investment-income-2019

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. I will look at the link you sent and disgust,I will get back to you if needed.
Thank you for your time.

Thank you for your reply.

If there are no other issues I will appreciate if we could regard this question as answered.

Many thanks.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
A great starting point at a very low cost to enable you to digest information which provides answers to continue ones aims

I thank you for accepting my answer.

I'm glad I could help you resolve this today. Please follow up here if you have any other questions.

Best wishes.