How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10601
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I work for a US company which pays me through a Swiss

This answer was rated:

Hi, I work for a US company which pays me through a Swiss intermediate company that does my UK PAYE calculations.
So I just get a payslip and a monthly salary.
I have a suspicion that the Swiss company is not paying the HMRC the exact employee and employer tax and NI that is quoted on my pay-slip. Is there any way I can check that this is being done properly?
They are being uncommunicative on the matter.
Im concerned that if they haven’t been paying this correctly (or at all) for the last 10 years that I may be liable for the tax not paid?

Not at all, it is your employers responsibility to pay the sums deducted to HMRC. Failure so to do cannot create a liability on your part.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there any way to check that they are paying or what they are paying. Eg can I check what NI contributions have been made for example?

You can apply to the DWP.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok cool do you know how I can do that?
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Delighted to have been of assistance.