How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert Lu Your Own Question
Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 381
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Expert Lu is online now

I am being investigated for tax avoidance and i am being

Customer Question

Hi i am being investigated for tax avoidance and i am being advised that some payments i received are not subject to the current tax laws can you advise if this is correct please
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: spoke to a company called PTS tax but they was no help at all
JA: For which tax year do you need help?
Customer: 2016-2019
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i just need advise because this is looking as thou i will owe approx 15K
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome.

I am an expert with JustAnswer and I am happy to assist you with your question.

Please kindly specify which tax avoidance you need help with.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
not sure how many there are thought there was only one
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 20 days ago.

It depends on which activity you are being asked investigated for .

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sorry not continuing with this firstly when i got the message to sign up it was £5 but you took £40 and now you are asking for another £44 and i would also like a refund for the £40 that you took
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 20 days ago.

Please kindly ignore the call offer if you do not need it.i can still assist you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
as above not happy to proceed with the attitude of money money please arrange a refund i will seek help elseware
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 20 days ago.

If you can prove to HMRC that  you do not owe any tax you can try and prove your case,  if for some reasons you do owe you can always make a payment plan if you cannot pay the full lumpsum.

Please kindly feel free to ask if you need me to clarify my answer.

All the best

Expert Lu.

Expert:  Expert Lu replied 20 days ago.

You are most welcome to get help from our customer service.