How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert Lu Your Own Question
Expert Lu
Expert Lu, Business Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 382
Experience:  ACCA Diploma
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Expert Lu is online now

I am a UK pensioner living in Spain, I have just been

Customer Question

Hi I am a UK pensioner living in Spain, I have just been offered a job with an International Company which will allow me to work 75% Spain 25% UK. I will be paid in UK pounds. Can you advise me on the best way to pay personal tax from my salary?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I also have a Ltd UK registered consultancy company which is currently trading.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome.

I am an expert with Just Answer and I am happy to assist you with your question.

I am currently reviewing your question and I will get back to you.

Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
not at this stage
Expert:  Expert Lu replied 21 days ago.

Hello and thank you very much for your patience,  as long as you are resident in Spain and working 25% remotely  for the UK you will only be liable for  tax on all your income in Spain due to the double taxation treaty .

The double taxation treaty doesn't allow you to be taxed twice.

Expert:  Expert Lu replied 21 days ago.

Please kindly feel free to ask if you need me to clarify my answer.

All the best.

Expert Lu.