How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16541
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I want to give £30k to my favourite charity. This is out of

This answer was rated:

I want to give £30k to my favourite charity. This is out of savings.I don’t want to claim gift aid on this sum. Are there any tax implications for me or the charity?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no. This money saved over the years on which tax has been paid


None just make sure they know they cant claim gift aid and you must make a note of this for your inheritance tax position of he future as should you not live for more than 7 years then all or some may be added back into your estate (usually a note to your solicitors or placed with your will detailing the date the amount and to whom the gift was made



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you