How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10816
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am retired in my country and receive a pension. if I put

This answer was rated:

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am retired in my country and receive a pension. if I put the sum in the" tax return" it will be taxed, but my pension is already taxed in my country so is going to be double taxed?
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: 2020-2021
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Which country?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
please answer online than
. i send already the 44 pounds you asked, no problem

You declare the incomeand the tax deducted on your self assessment tax return. Under the Double Tax Treaty betweenthe the UK and Romania any tax dedeucted there is a tax credit against your UK liability onthe same income stream.

Sorry, a phone call is impossiblke, I am operating in Thailand at ppresent.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok, thank you

Delighted to have been of assistance.