Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My husband is developing Alzheimers and has been late with

Customer Question

My husband is developing Alzheimers and has been late with his tax returns. We cannot access anyone to help with this and I do not have Power of Attorney yet which will help me in this matter.
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: I think it is 20/21 but we already owe over £1,000.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.
Expert:  Sam replied 19 days ago.

You can file for him (as if you are him) if you have access to his online services and this will do for nor now whilst you get power of attorney or recognised acting for services as a carer or agent

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
How do I contact the tax people to inform them of this?
Expert:  Sam replied 18 days ago.

You dont if you are filing online but if he used to complete paper returns then just phone the self assessment helpline

Link here for all their details of contact