taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I’m trying to get some information around tax implications

Hi there. I’m trying to get some information around tax implications for a UK entity that’s employing a UK citizen, with the right to work in the UK, but who’s working from abroad (Turkey - on an extended tourist visa, not a working visa), with the right to work in the UK
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m taxadvisor.uk, a UK qualified accountant.

Please advise if the employee in question normally resides in the UK?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello! Yes, the employee normally resides in the UK, but will be living in Turkey for an extended period of time - potentially 1 year or 2, with frequent visits to the UK, adding up to around 1-2 months in the UK throughout the period of 1 year.

As long as the employee is on company payroll and salary is operated under PAYE scheme, there are no tax implications for the UK entity. The employee will have to establish his/her tax residency status with HMRC and this should not concern the employer.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use thereply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you withyour question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s great! Thank you very much for your help!

Thank you for your kind words.

If there are no other issues I will appreciate if we could regard my responses/answer to this question as accepted.