bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Just filling in a self assesment form, in March 21 i sold a

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Just filling in a self assesment form, in March 21 i sold a house which i had used for rental, I filled out the capital gains form and paid the dues within the 30 days, I used the online service to do this. When filling in the Self asses form do I need to redeclare the CG or has it been dealt with. Im confused with the bit that tells me to say that 'I did not dispose of any assets'. Richard
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: Value?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, just as described, The house had been my main residence for 18+ years, after which I moved out and used it for rental. I sold it off earlier this year.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 11 days ago.

No problem, no need to disclose twice. You have complied with the 30 day rule.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK, Thanks a lot.

Delighted to have been of assistance.