How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8205
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I would like to get a tax advise regarding the tax rules if

Customer Question

Hello I would like to get a tax advise regarding the tax rules if working remotely from abroad
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no, that's why i'm here
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’mCustomer a UK qualified accountant.

Please advise

- are you a UK resident and working from remote location

- do you pay your taxes in UK only
Many thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, I have a Polish citizenship, but since 2012 I live and work in the UK. I pay all my taxes in the UK only. I have a Settled status, but since March 2021 I have been travelling to few locations to work remotely and want to understand if there will be any tax consequences of that
Expert: replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for your question.

Provided you remain UK resident for tax puposes, you will pay your taxes in the UK on your worldwide income. If this income abroad suffersany local tax, you will be able to claim foreign tax credit relief on this tax against your UK tax payable on same income under double tax agreement between UK and the country in question.

If you were to become non resident in the UK for tax purposes then income outside the UK will not be chargeable to UK tax.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you. My income is from the UK only, the only change is that I was not physically in the UK for over 7 months, I have spent no longer than 3-4 months in various places and want to understand if I have to pay any additional tax on that
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
it's worth mentioning that i am a FTE, so tax codes and tax charges are managed by the company I work for
Expert: replied 5 days ago.

If your employer has sent you abroad then all duties are performed from an overseas location then your tax code will be NT (no tax).

Tax from salary will be taken care of through tax code.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Expert: replied 4 days ago.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions - I am happy to help!

Many thanks