Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am a Spanish citizen working for a consultancy based in

Hi there! I am a Spanish citizen working for a consultancy based in London and I wrote an online course for an e-learning platform for a Spanish company. This company will pay me around 450€ for my services to my bank account in Spain. I have no other income from abroad and I haven't got the intention to transfer the money to the UK. Shall I pay taxes on this income in the UK?
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: this year, 2021
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don´t think so

As you live and work in Spain you just declare this to the Spanish tax authorities

thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Apologies, I'm not sure I have explained myself properly. I'm Spanish but I live in England, I work in England and I pay my taxes in England. I've been here for more than 6 years and I have settled status.While working here, I wrote an on-line training course for a spanish company and that company is paying me around 450 euros. The service is provided in Spain. They'll pay me in my spanish bank account and I have no intention of transferring the money to my British bank account.Now, my doubt is the following: as a resident in the UK (more than 183 days per year) I believe I should declare it to HMRC as per the DTA. Is this true, even when I'm not going to move the money from Spain?
Andres

Ahh I see

Then you declare your income and pay tax in the UK as its earned in the UK

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks Sam,Now, I'm not self employed, I work for a company in a full-time basis. How should I declare it? Which form will I need to fill? Shall I tell my actual company? I guess it should be done before the 5th April, am I right?Many thanks
Andres

I doubt they would employ you for writing one online course as you would be freelance (paid without any tax deductions)

So if this is NOT the case then are you employed and paid you through he PAYE scheme and deduct tax and national Insurance  gross income - is that right ?

As you are not being at all clear on what has taken place so I can  advsie what  you need to know

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Apologies, this is the first time I have to face anything like this, I'm trying to be as clear as I can (I can see I'm not very sucessful, sorry).Yes, the course was written as freelance. My full-time job is paid through PAYE.

Sorry this is still no clearer

So you have PAYE employment AND this one payment  of freelance work

Both carried out in the UK where you live as a UK resident ? is thiat correct ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
that's correct Sam

Then you must register as self employed IF this self employed income is to continue if not then you just do nothing as its less than £1000

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
That's great Sam, thank you very much for the info!